Donor Family Program
Donor Family Survey
The Alabama Organ Center has a three month and an eighteen month post-donation survey.
To complete the three month survey, please click here.
To complete the eighteen month survey, please click here.
Grief and Bereavement Online Resources
The internet has a wealth of education and support resources related to grief, bereavement and the many types of loss people experience. The following links are only a suggested beginning point to connect with those resources.
GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT
- National Donor Family Council- Opportunities for donor families to share their stories and find support. Message boards, email discussions, pen pals and an online newsletter. www.donorfamily.org
- Beyond Indigo- Education, resources, message boards, chat rooms and advice on all types of loss. www.beyondindigo.com
- Grief Watch- Articles on grief and links to resources. www.griefwatch.com
- Healing the Spirit- An online healing place for anyone grieving a loss. www.healingthespirit.org
LOSS OF SPOUSE
- Widow Net- Support for those who have loss a spouse or life partner. Message boards, chat rooms and public forums. www.widownet.org
- AARP- Information for widows and widowers. Online discussions. www.aarp.org
INFANT AND CHILD LOSS
- Compassionate Friends- Education and support for bereaved parents of any age. Links to local chapter meetings and newsletter. www.compassionatefriends.org
- The M.I.S.S. Foundation- Online support through chat rooms and forums, local support groups, online newsletter. www.misschildren.org
- Bereaved Parents of the USA- Information for parents who have lost a child, online newsletter and links to resources. www.bereavedparentsusa.org
- Alive Alone- Support for parents whose only child or all children have died. Newsletter, links, resources and message board. www.alivealone.org
- Kidsaid- Grief support specifically for children and adolescents. Peer and professional support. www.kidsaid.com
- Adult Sibling Grief- Support for adults who have lost a sibling. Message boards, chat rooms, memorials and links to resources. www.adultsiblinggrief.com
- The Sibling Connection- Education and support for sibling loss at any age. Online newsletter. www.counselingstlouis.net
- American Association of Suicidology- Resources and education about suicide. Support group directory. www.suicidology.org
- The Gift of Keith- Website started by parents whose son died by suicide. Resources and articles by other survivors of suicide. www.thegiftofkeith.org
- National Organization of Parents of Murdered Children- Message boards, support services, legal tips and advice from experts regarding investigations, media coverage, etc. www.pomc.com
MEMORIALS AND TRIBUTES
- National Donor Memorial- a memorial specifically for tissue and organ donor families to memorialize their loved ones. You can use photos and stories in your tribute. www.donormemorial.org
Say Yes to Becoming an Organ Donor
Click Here To View Video
Introducing Our New Donor Family Quilts Feature.
2016 Celebration of Life Picnic pictures have been uploaded to Shutterfly. An extra special thanks to Steve Gardner, donor dad, who was our photographer
We Are Proud to Introduce our NEW Series of POWERFUL STORIES.
A Donor's Story
August 18, 1988 - November 27, 2009
Click to view Donor Video
A Recipientís Story
Personal accounts from organ recipients who have been given a second chance at life.
Click to view Recipient Videos
A Story of Spirit
Testimony from donor families and recipients for giving life a second chance through organ donation.
Click to view the Story of Spirit video